Sunday, October 14, 2012

Autumn Leaves

We recently got the Nebraska Life magazine with the beautiful autumn cover showing the trees in all their vibrant fall glory. Autumn is my favorite time of year and one of the reasons is because of the leaves. People talk about the beauty of autumn leaves in New England, but I've always thought that Nebraska looks pretty good too.
With that being said, Belgium's leaves have just begun to turn. When I look out the kitchen windows, all I see are trees from the chateau grounds, and a few of them are turning yellow. It isn't the "brown and fall down" turning that Texas and Georgia had, but it's pretty close. The trees just don't have the vibrant colors that they do in Nebraska. There are very few that will be burgandy, orange or something in between.
Don't get me wrong, I still love it here, that hasn't changed, but that Nebraska Life cover made me miss autumn in Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment