Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting involved

Apparently, I'm just too busy when I'm in the States to get involved in anything. Here, at least at this post, it seems like everyone is involved with something. Next week, the chapel on post begins their VBS program and I'll be volunteering in the craft center. (I know....crafts?!?) I've volunteered at VBS before at previous churches, but I really like the chairwoman and figured it would be a good way to meet more people.
My son has been participating in the reading program this summer and just had his final party. The swag bag was awesome and they had a bounce house to play in! It was great to have a place to go every week for him, about him. We didn't do the reading program when last summer in Texas because....I don't know why. No reason, was I that busy.?
My daughter has recently been going to the youth group that meets every Wednesday night. She has loved it and they gave her a really cool bible for her last meeting with them. Awesome. She will be able to make great friends through the program. If we were in the States, would she be so involved?
Later in August, I'll be doing something that I knew I would enjoy, but would never do if I were in the States, I'm joining the International Choir on post. I'm very excited and can't wait to have something special to do. I'd be too busy shopping or watching TV if we were at a Stateside post. I'm not a great singer, by any means, but I liked choir in high school and thought this would be an easy and enjoyable way to meet people and do something special for myself.
I'll keep you posted about how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment