Monday, July 25, 2011

Shopping in July

Apparently, sales only happen in July and January in Belgium. "Soldes" has become our daughter's favorite word and she's found some very cute things since we've been here.
Our first shopping experience in Belgium was at a place the Army Community Services lady took us to in Brussels. It was quite a shady place, complete with a bouncer-type person standing guard over the doors. The Warehouse, was exactly that, a huge warehouse jammed with floor after floor and row after row of clothes, men, women and children. Right away she found a leather jacket for only 15 Euro! Things only got better. We did shop with haste, for fear that the men standing close to, but not out on, the fire escape might set the place ablaze.  And my husband was really not impressed, he and our son walked in and right back out. We left feeling like we robbed a candy store, it was awesome.
Today's shopping was almost as good. We got to shop, just us girls for 4 whole hours. The H&M had great "soldes" and again, my daughter found some great pieces. She really has a good eye for putting things together, even if her favorite color is gray and all three tops she bought were gray. She keeps it simple. I was able to find some more leggings and a dress to go over them for a whopping 8 Euro.
That leads me to my favorite thing about how the women here dress. My absolute favorite thing is that they wear leggings under their dresses and skirts. Tan or pale, thin or thick, flats or heels, they are wearing leggings. I love it! I have 2 pair already, and if I find some with spanx material in them, I'll be the happiest woman in Belgium. I don't care if they cost a day off my life!
Today was great, we were both happy with our "soldes" purchases and wonder if there's time for us to hit the stores one more time before she has to leave for the states.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I love H&M!! We are getting one in KC this fall:). Maybe we'll have to come and visit to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete