Saturday, September 3, 2011

Husker Game Day 2011

So, the Huskers are in their first season away from the Big 12, and we won't be able to see any of it. Our internet speed is fine for searching the internet, but to stream a game, no way. So, we won't be able to see it, even if we could find a place to stream it after turning on the ghost address thingy making the computer think we're actually in the states. We might be able to listen to it, but, I'm assuming that we'd have the same problem. Next, it's going to be 9:30pm when it starts. So, make that about midnight when it's over, I'm not that hard core for a season opener. It's Tennessee of Chatanooga or some such place. If we don't win this, we might as well give back the Big 10 patches now.
I've said in years past, that I've become a bigger fan since moving from Nebraska. When we were in Georgia and Texas, I felt like I had to represent. I'd try and wear my Big Red apparel every Saturday. Yeah, I'd take some heat for it, but hey, it's my home state. The only team that makes a TV appearance that isn't on a campus channel. Now that we're in Belgium, I'd love to represent, but it just isn't safe. We don't live on post, we aren't assigned to a post that has tons of Americans all wearing their football apparel out and about. I might wear my shirt if the only place I'm going is the commissary and home. It's not a good idea to show the host nation that we're not only outsiders, but Americans. Better to just stick out a little bit and have people think that maybe we're Canadians.
So, Huskers, Good Luck! Wish we could watch, but it isn't possible. Maybe when we spring for cable, we'll see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment