Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Smell of Money

Since the winter, we've seen 4 truckloads of cattle leaving the area farms. I assume they're snowbirds heading for warmer places. The ones that are left seem to all be in the barns. The farm down the street has several barns full of beef and dairy cattle staying warm inside.
The cows all being inside seems to have created quite a mess and last week seemed to be the week to clean out the barns. Whew! What a stink.
The smell hit my son and I when we walked out of the door one morning for school. "Mom, it stinks like poop out here." Yes it did! We were unlucky enough to follow one truckload of fertilizer out to the main road. At a safe distance, of course.
I came home, did the housewife and mother stuff that drives me bonkers and left in the afternoon to pick up my son from school, again, following another wagon load of stinky stuff. The farmer just laughed when I passed him, again, and waved. I should have held my nose, he would have really gotten a chuckle out the the silly American.
By the  next morning, I spotted 5 huge piles of newly unloaded money making fertilizer in the field. What goes in, must come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment