Thursday, August 11, 2011

Another First

Today I had another first:First playgroup for my son. We've played with friends, met at the park, etc, but this was the first official playgroup. It wasn't as bad as I thought and I was so very pleased by that. You see, I'm not meant to be a stay at home mom and wife....at all. Bless those that are and choose to be and can, it is not easy! Automatically, you believe that everything needs to get done before that breadwinner gets home and your kids should be so well behaved and mannerly. Nope, doesn't happen that way, at least not with me. I have a career(insert had) and I miss it. When I'm able to work, I feel more complete, my child is happier, my husband is happier, all because I'm happier.
So, I was quite concerned going into this with none other than the PWOC, protestant women of the chapel. They were great women at VBS, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was ready to just stay quiet and let them chat, but right away I met another disgruntled stay at home mom. Hurray! She's semi-actively looking for a job and counting the days before pre-school starts too! She feels like she shouldn't spend money and go shopping either. She doesn't get fulfillment out of clean laundry and freshly mopped floors either. I wasn't thinking I'd meet someone at playgroup to hang out with, but I did. I'm so glad we went to playgroup.
Oh, the rest of the women were nice too, and one of them even had a puppy, so I had a bit of a dog fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment